Difficult Board members. Chances are, you will have one serving on your nonprofit’s board of directors—if not now, eventually. Good board members make governance a pleasure, and the nonprofit hums much more smoothly. But difficult board members — or heaven forbid, destructive ones — can cause incredible turmoil. They can:
- Hog every conversation or refuse to participate
- Be negative about everything
- Attempt to micro-manage the CEO and staff
- Show disrespect to the board chair or the Executive Director
- Assume they are the smartest person in the room and show disdain for other people’s opinions
Join us on Sept. 27th as a panel of experts who have seen it all discuss strategies for dealing with your most challenging board members.
This free event is made possible with support from Council Services Plus.